Since writing the last blog entry, we have received an overwhelming response of support. It has been very touching indeed.
It's just on 11:30pm local time and I happened to have just read an email circulating among friends from inside/outside our congregation in Israel, where they have decided to have 24hr prayer-a-thon (my terminology, in the absence of a more appropriate term) over our decision-making. Even though we have been carried in prayer over the past 3+ months and have felt it all the way through, it is hard to imagine that something like this would be done especially for us!
In a quick response to my brothers and sisters in the land of milk and honey, I half-joked that as there is a 7hr time difference, perhaps I should get some of our Aussie brothers and sisters involved to ensure no-one in Israel would need to wake from their slumber just for us.
I commenced the blog with the aim of keeping everyone informed of Maria's (and our) progression through this trial. Surprisingly, I have received a lot of feedback from both people we know and those we don't as to what an encouragement and testimony/witness it has been to them. I have to humbly say that firstly all the credit is our Lord's. I just sit here and type, usually without going back over it to check and make corrections—it has just flowed out. Secondly, we are the ones who have been encouraged by those of you who have so openly and honestly communicated with us as you have walked with us, whether you've been geographically near or far.