Last night after Bible Study I took the kids to McDonalds for a Malteser Sundae as a special treat. Unfortunately we got home late as the ice cream machine at the first Maccas had broken down.
This morning we got to school early as the kids had their "Learning Journeys", an opportunity to show what they've been doing all year. Ben's had been postponed until next term as they are moving into a newly constructed building and their current rooms have been stripped bare. I really enjoyed spending that time with Gabi and am looking forward to Ben's.
Gabi's sock puppet is the pink dog with the floppy ears (rear left).
I was leaving when Gabi remembered she left something at home. I had to rush back for it, which meant I was a little late to work...
...What it also meant was that I got to hear the outcome of a Prime Ministerial leadership challenge live. Our Prime Minister Kevin Rudd (who came to office less than three years ago as our most popular PM) did not contest the challenge, realising Julia Gillard had the numbers. He our first PM in Australian history not to see out a full first term. We now have our first female PM, but not "elected". What do I think? I may have views on the cunning and clinical approach used, but in terms of the new PM all I can say is that it's too early to judge.
I have been fighting what appeared to be a possible sinus infection, but seems to have now moved to my chest. I'm also losing my voice and am very strained and husky. I think women's husky voices (like Demi Moore, for example) can be considered quite sexy. This is not so in my case. I'm sure there will be some people out there happy to hear about my pending silence.
Now I have got some urgent work out of the way, I think I'll hit the sack. I'd love to stay up and watch the end of the longest tennis match in history, but that's going to be possible. Wimbledon 2010, 1st Round, Isner -v- Mahut. They've broken almost every record you can think of (been on the court more than 10 hours over two days, most aces, winners, games, and the list goes on). It is 59-59 in the final set!! Shame there has to be a loser. I would like to be the guy drawn to play the winner.
Gabi and Ben have both independently reported that some kids from Ben's school camp asked them to to let me know that I'm "cool". I feel so young at heart. If only my body would follow suit! In all seriousness, it's nice to have that type of reputation with the kids.