Ben played in the coldest conditions this season. His team were comprehensively beaten by a team that hasn't lost a match. They had a few good moments, but all seemed less hungry than the opposition. Ben had a very quiet match, apart from a great mark he took the final quarter. Sadly for him, his resulting kick went to the other team, who ran with it and scored. Ben's head went down, but I was so proud of the mark. He got the coach's good sport award at the end of the game.
We went to the local shopping centre to get a couple of things and had lunch out. We got home around 2pm and I could barely keep my eyes open. I sorted the kids out and embarrassingly slept for nearly three hours.
We had a quiet evening. I planned to go to bed after the kids in preparation for the midnight kickoff between the Socceroos and Ghana, but the afternoon nap has kept me wide awake. I've taken that opportunity to get some washing done.
It is now less than 10mins from kick-off, which will also see us move into Sunday the 20th. That means it will now be 5 months since Maria went to be with the Lord.
For those of you following this blog, I want to thank you for keeping posted. We are generally doing well. The kids are so resilient. All said, there isn't a day that goes by that we don't miss Maria.