24 June 2010
Aussies out of the World Cup
We pulled off a 2-1 win over Serbia and showed what we were capable of. Unfortunately our massive 4-0 loss to Germany in the first game cruelled us as we tied for second place but were knocked out due to goal difference. I was hoping that Germany would do us a favour and have a big win over Ghana, but looked happy for a win but also struggled. I'm not sure how they'll fare against England. They have some exciting players, but still a way to go. What I do know is that they are who I'll be supporting now Australia is out. I still am confident as I said at the beginning of the tournament that Argentina or Spain will be the ones to beat. I know Brazil are running hot and Portugal and the Netherlands are coming into form. We'll see.