We had our first bacon & eggs (and hash browns) breakfast for some time. After church we ended up at dear friends' for lunch. Afterwards, Gabi went shopping with Mel to Spotlight while I took one of the boys home with Ben. When the girls got to our place, they spent a bit of time knitting & cross-stitching while the boys played in and outside the house. Ben kicked the football right into the kids' bathroom window, breaking one of the panes. He was very quiet and upset. He was so worried I was going to be angry after our guests left, but I never felt that for a moment. In fact while I sat with him to talk through his emotions, I had to hold back the laughter when sharing my own youthful experience that led to a broken window. Will need to sort that out tomorrow.
I feel with all the busyness of our lives every day that I just miss quality time with the kids. This evening I made much more of an effort to have one-on-one time with both of them, playing a ball-catching game with Gabi and building a Lego base station with Ben (that's still a work in progress).
I'm staying up for the Germany -v- England clash (midnight start). If they finish in regular time, then I (and many others) will get to bed by 2am. If it goes to extra time and/or penalties, well who knows? I'd love to watch Argentina -v- Mexico, but a 4:30am start would mean a completely sleepless night.