11 May 2010

Tue 11-May-10 (Birthday, exhaustion)

Today is Mama's (Maria's mum's) birthday. Happy birthday. As we said on the phone, we love you.


It is not even 10pm and I'm in bed about to sleep. I'm even having trouble typing this entry on my trusty laptop that sleeps with me. Pretty pathetic, don't you think? 


I hit the point of exhaustion around 3pm at work and was actually held back with something urgent to deal with until 5:30pm. By the time I collected the kids, got home, showers, had dinner and got them to bed (and read to them) it was way past their bed time. The blessing is that I did a full day's work in the office so I don't need to do any tonight.


I look at the mess around the house and the things I need to do in preparation for tomorrow and I just can't muster the strength. I'm overwhelmed, but tomorrow is a new day.


Today was hard enough (especially for Maria's mum) being another first. Thursday is going to be a real challenge for me as it would have been our 15th wedding anniversary and over 21 years since we started dating.