15 May 2010

Sat 15-May-10 (sport)

Ben's footy was put over until tomorrow because it is the day when two AFL teams come to town. Today it was the Sydney Swans -v- the Western Bulldogs. We were going to meet friends there but en route I received a call from Paul to say that the game was sold out. We were shocked and the kids highly disappointed. I was tempted to purchase tickets online last night, but decided against it.

We headed to Woden and I appeased them with ice cream. We saw some people wearing Canberra Raiders gear, so we knew there was going to be a match on. I checked my phone and discovered it was against the Melbourne Storm. The kids are fond of a few of their players so we decided to go.

We rugged up as it was a 7:30pm match. Although Gabi is always keen to go to these matches, she is thoroughly bored. We left the stadium around 9:30pm and it was a chilly 8 degrees (especially sitting there for 2+ hours). Sadly Melbourne won the encounter 17-6. I thought the refereeing was a bit ordinary and was disappointed with some of the decisions that went against Canberra, but Melbourne deserved to win.


The kids didn't get into bed until 10:15pm, so Ben might be playing in slow motion tomorrow morning. After his match we'll be heading to Cooma to have lunch with Maria's parents, Effie and family, followed by cake to celebrate Mama's birthday from last week.