One of my favourite Christian music artists is Toby Mac. I like the diversity of styles in his music. I also like when he shares what's on his heart during his concerts. Below is an excerpt I had to type word-for-word as I couldn't find the text via Googling. I haven't listened to it for a long time but happened to come across it in the car on the way to work today. I felt compelled to share it tonight for someone out there. Maybe it's for someone you know. I pray it speaks to those who need to hear it.
"No matter what you're going through, no matter how deep your problem is, no matter how deep that cut is that hurt you, no matter how deep a hole you got your life into this very night – God made you and God made me so that He could love us, so that He could love us. You see, sometimes when life is coming at us we get a little cloudy and we forget that simple thought that God loves us. And sometimes, maybe we turn our back on God and walked away. And maybe it was a bunch of little things, or maybe it was one big leap into something really foolish. But nonetheless you look up and you find yourself way over here and in your mind you're as far away from God's love tonight as you've ever been. But these are the lies that start filling our head. Lies like, "I've done too much, I don't wanna trudge back through all that junk to get back to God. I'm just going to live over here. I'm too embarrassed." These are the lies that fill our minds. But let me tell you about the truth tonight, this is the truth. No matter how many times you've been over here, no matter how far over here you are, no matter what you're addicted to, tonight you don't have to trudge through all that junk to get back to God. If you just turn around God will meet you right where you are. That's the truth. That's the truth. You are one turn, one second from God's perfect love and as soon as you turn around and ask His forgiveness, His love will shower over you. His arms will wrap around you because you are God's child and God loves His children, God loves you!
And the reason we can do all that, the reason we can turn around is because there is a bridge between us and God and that's God's son and His name is Jesus Christ. He makes up the difference. God also created you and me so that we could adore Him, so that we could call Him "Abba" (Aramaic/Hebrew for "daddy"), so that we could worship Him together and raise our voices together..." Toby Mac (Bonus Track from Alive and Transported).