After church we got KFC to have at the Cemetery. There were dozens of cockatoos feeding off all the flowers left by loved ones at different grave sites. These birds are very cheeky. I forgot to take photos. One the subject of photos I still haven't done anything about our broken camera, so my phone continues to be the source of our images.
We were happy to find the granite stone and plaque in place. I now need to organise the porcelain / ceramic photo that will be included. The three of us spoke about how we were feeling on this first Mother's Day without Maria. We all agreed to feel sad and empty (i.e. a big part of of our lives is missing).
I received a phone call from Pastor Gary (in Cooma) who held Maria's services. He felt blessed that someone in the prayer group before church (who didn't really know us nor was at the funeral) had us on their hearts and committed us in prayer. It was lovely to have a chat with him.
I made calls to Mama (Maria's mum) and my Mum. The former being quite emotional. My first without my wife and her first without one of her children.
The remainder of the afternoon was spent quietly at home playing and watching some TV.
I'm drained (emotionally and physically) to the point that I feel like I'm coming down with the flu (not the case). Each day is a steep climb. It is a mixed blessing because on one hand as you get to the end of a day (the "peak") you look out and feel proud of that achievement, however standing on that peak allows you to see what climb lays ahead for the following day.
It's now just after 9:30pm and I'm well and truly ready for bed. I had planned to be in bed by now but the soaking of whites put me behind schedule. I'm now waiting for this final load of washing, which I need to get out and dried by the morning because there are pieces of uniform for the kids. I should be in bed in the next half-hour, which is impressive by my standards.
