01 October 2009

Wed 30-Sep-09 (Floriade)

The weather had improved enough for us to go and enjoy Floriade, which for our overseas family and friends is the biggest flower festival in Australia, put on free of charge, to celebrate the season of Spring. Each year tulips and other flowers are planted to form pictures/designs according to the theme of the year. This year's was, "Mind, body and soul". While part of the theme is certainly not for us in the manner it is presented, we enjoyed seeing God's creation and beauty on display. I downloaded 85 photos at the end of the day, of which I had taken no more than 10 as Gabi was the prolific photographer. I've included a few shots below (mostly from Gabi) in a video presentation. The best way to appreciate the designs is up from high [for example, in the Ferris Wheel pictured in the background of some shots]. However, as none of us were up to it at the time, you'll just have to enjoy the colours from ground zero.