17 October 2009

Sat 17-Oct-09 (Gabi's party)

Gabi had a birthday party with a few school friends this afternoon. As it has rained all week we were preparing for the worst. However, we were blessed with great weather for a lot of outdoor games. I am feeling the fatigue as I type! It started to rain about an hour ago so we are grateful for an answer to prayer.

The kids were all lovely and so well mannered. They seemed to have a great time. I'm hoping I kept them active enough that they would have gone off to sleep early, giving their parents/carers a rest this evening.


Luckily the party started at 2:00pm. This gave us the morning to prepare. I spent quite a bit of that time cleaning the floors as best I could with all the work we've had done lately. The downside was that Gabi started complaining last night of a sore stomach and nerves. This followed into this morning. I had her as busy as possible to take her mind off things, which for the main worked.


As I left the camera in Maria's room, I'll wait until tomorrow to upload some photos and post it to this entry as an update.

It was a huge day for Maria. She spent most of her time preparing both of Gabi's cakes (one in a theme, the other a number - in this case '7') and then chatting with a couple of mums who stayed around while I entertained the kids. As Maria didn't get any sleep, she was struggling with headache when she went off to bed (about an hour ago).

Update...here are photos as promised.