You'd be forgiven if you thought we may have jumped on a plane and headed to the northern hemisphere to hang out with our dear friends there. As you read on it will make more sense.
This is Cooma on an unusual Spring day. It started around 7am when the kids woke me very excitedly to tell me it was snowing. Like Maria (who they's already shared their news with), I was surprised they would pull such a prank until I looked outside the window!
This is Cooma on an unusual Spring day. It started around 7am when the kids woke me very excitedly to tell me it was snowing. Like Maria (who they's already shared their news with), I was surprised they would pull such a prank until I looked outside the window!
It was falling lightly, but over time was creating a light blanket of snow over the property and in the area. As we got dressed to go out and investigate a little further, the snow bucketed down as you can see from the photos. We all made snow angels and headed inside, very wet.
By late morning the snow stopped. We drove into town (no sign of snow, although only 5-10 mins away) to do some grocery shopping and we took the kids to McDonalds for a treat. The woman who served us said that she had started at 6am and she and it was snowing then. By the time we got home the snow was melting and within a couple of hours you wouldn't have believed that it had snowed at all.
In the late afternoon a neighbour of Effie's dropped in (who we know well) to see Maria. After Monique's visit a Kookaburra landed in a nearby tree while I was staring out a window. I was able to get a few shots of the "cutey".
I drove up to Canberra after dinner to meet my dear mate Paul, who is doing the electrical work for our renovations. As the heating has been off all day and it has also been very cold here, the house was a chilly 11 degrees! It's going to take a while yet before the house is warm throughout.
I'll be here to do a few things in the morning, hopefully returning to Cooma in the afternoon.