April Fools Day was a quiet one with the three of us forgetting about it, and no-one at work having the time or energy to come up with a prank.
With tomorrow being the Good Friday public holiday and Monday also being a public holiday for Easter Monday in Australia, this means that my first two weeks at work will be short ones. That said, the first week has been quite exhausting for me, not only managing the days, but also making up additional work hours at night. I'm starting to sleep again, so that's a good outcome. I am however feeling quite run down with the chesty cough and what feels like some asthma. Nothing of any real significance, just annoying.
The kids ran their Cross Country events at school today. Both did quite well––better than they expected. I was proud that they competed, especially for Gabi who was very reluctant in the lead-up to the day.
I got to school late due to work and traffic issues. It was therefore a rush to get Ben to his first AFL (footy) training session. He seemed to enjoy it.
It was lovely to come home to find that our table had been set and a meal as well as some Easter treats had been left for us (thanks Viv).
On the topic of meals, I failed to mention the other day that we were blessed with an impromptu meal on Tuesday evening, which really helped out (thanks Jennie). Sometimes my mind is sharp and sometimes it's custard!
It's going to be interesting to see how the weekend goes––our first Easter without Maria by our side.
Tomorrow morning our church is doing a service in the large park at Gordon (across the road from the school where we worship), followed by morning tea, activities and hot cross buns. We're looking forward to it. The kids only got into bed a few minutes ago, so hopefully they'll sleep in (but they won't).