12 April 2010

Mon 12-Apr-10 (very long day)

I got off to work early in an attempt to get a full work day in, so I didn't have to do extra hours at home because of the school holidays and how I'm feeling.

I contacted our GP in the morning and she arranged to see me before she started seeing patients in the afternoon. I ducked out from a busy morning to see the doctor and while waiting for my script (I have bronchitis that is also affecting my trachea and sinuses) I heard squealing and looked to see Ben and Gabi running toward me. They had been to a movie (How to Train Your Dragon 3D) with dad and mum and stopped on the way back to get some shopping. They were in the playground and happened to see me. As I left, they asked when I'd be home. I said, "before it gets dark." Famous last words.

I got back to the office in time for a critical meeting, which led to a few hours of work. I left at 7:00pm, feeling quite weary and stuffy. It was nice to spend some time with the kids reading to them individually before bed.

It's nearly 9:00pm and I am about to get to bed myself to try and rest in preparation for what might be another busy day.