I haven't posted for a week, mainly due to work and illness. There is not too much to write about from the early part of the week.
My parents arrived on Thursday to stay for a week and see the kids perform at "Grandparents' Day", held at their school on Friday (their last day of term). As I wasn't able to stay around for the performance, Gabi's teacher kindly had the kids do a mini performance at the end of the school day for me to see.
I woke on Saturday morning with stomach cramping on top of the flu and chest issues. After breakfast I slept through until lunch. I went and kicked the ball with Ben (as promised the day before), then slept until dinner.
On Sunday we went to church, visited the cemetery, had lunch nearby and headed home. I slept again from mid-afternoon until dinner.
Apart from feeling unwell, I think my body is taking the opportunity to catch up on months of lost sleep. I feel sad for the kids, but my body won't allow me to be very active.
I'll be working through the school holidays. Mum and Dad will take care of Ben and Gabi throughout the week as well as a visit to Cooma. I'll be trying to arrange play dates for the kids throughout the second week.