04 December 2009

Fri 4-Dec-09 (Ballet, bowling, RT 12/25)

We kept the kids off school today—the reason being that Maria was taking Gabi to see the London Ballet perform "Angelina Ballerina" while I took Ben ten-pin bowling for boys time-out.


Ben and I dropped the girls off (seeing the large Christmas Tree outside the Theatre, which we haven't visited since Christmas 2006) before heading out to one of two alleys in Canberra. We arrived with 120+ school kids and realised this was a bad move. Fortunately I called the other alley (on the other side of the city, but closer to home) and was able to get in there. We played three games, with Ben winning the last. Funnily, he seems to have suppressed the other two games and is more than happy to discuss how he "thrashed Dad". It was fun and a good time together.

We all had a McDonalds lunch treat (separately). We drove back to the city and found Maria and Gabi about to move on. Maria and Gabi loved the performance. We shopped a little together before heading to the hospital for RT.

We arrived at the hospital @ 3:00pm. Maria's appt wasn't until 4:00pm and we were told on arrival that they were running 30mins late. Fortunately they took Maria to a bed and she slept for the next hour or so while the kids watched TV in the waiting room and I took phone calls discussing more medical appointments for next week. I was right next to the equipment loan section of the hospital so I checked in and they had Maria's equipment ready for collection.

Maria is approaching the half-way mark of her RT, having her 12th session (of 25). On Monday afternoon she will pass over the peak.

Maria slept for a while late this afternoon into the evening, while I had dinner with the kids. It is now nearly 11:00pm and she is up watching TV (has a 'second wind', I think).