How amazing that 4/8 teams were from South America and only one is left and they, Uruguay, were extremely fortunate to win. All three European teams made it through, so now the stats are 3/4 teams remaining are European. What a coup for us Europhiles.
THE SEMIS - No lengthy analysis due to fatigue.
Netherlands -v- Uruguay
I pick the Netherlands as they beat Brazil and seem to know how to put flary South American teams off their game. They have an overall stronger quality and depth of players. Uruguay had a dubious victory against Ghana. Suarez (Uruguay's phenomenal striker is suspended for this game).
Germany -v- Spain
I pick Germany as they are able to destroy any team, are beaming with youthful confidence and are very quick on the counter attack. Even without Mueller (who has scored the most goals for the team) they have so much in the way of goal-scoring depth. Although Spain was one of my two picks before the tournament, I think this is where it is all going to end. David Villa is still playing unbelievably and there are quality players in the team, but I think they can be rattled. Paraguay gave them a run for their money, which I didn't expect.