04 July 2010

Sun 4-Jul-10 (busy weekend, kids' illness)

Mark, Cass and the boys stayed with us for the weekend and left after lunch today. Once again, all four kids got on like a house on fire. I've again been especially impressed with Ben taking the time to play with the boys and encouraging them. It's a real blessing to see and hear.

We had a couple of park plays over the weekend. Yesterday we went to Fadden Pines and Ben just loved hanging out at the small skatepark. Today he, Mark and the boys went to Tuggeranong Town Park and Ben spent a little time at the bigger skatepark. At Ben's insistence I took him and Gabi back to Fadden Pines this afternoon. Ben scootered around while Gabi and I hung out.

Ben and Gabi have fought illness since probably Friday morning. The Panadol and Nurofen seems to kick in and has done the trick up until late this afternoon. They both went to bed miserable, especially Ben claiming to feel as he did in Greece. In 2008 when we went there for Maria's dad's 70th Ben became extremely ill and was hospitalised.

They're both supposed to be attending a kids program at church for the week, but look far less than likely that they'll be well enough. I am also supposed to be taking over the reigns at work this week. Anyway, I called Maria's parents just to let them know how things were going and they graciously offered to come up first thing tomorrow morning to care for the kids, allowing me to get into work and hopefully sort out a medical appointment.