07 July 2010

Tue 6-Jul-10 (Kids' ongoing illness, school reports, work)

I got the kids into the doctor last night (Monday) and discovered they both have a virus, that they'll have to ride through. They continue to be lethargic and not quite right, but slowly improving. They have missed the first two days of their holiday program and will more than likely miss tomorrow as well. Gabi vomited before bed tonight, but I think it was a combination of three servings of spag-bol combined with ice cream to top it off.

I received their school reports in the mail and went through them individually with the kids. They both did amazingly well. Ben was very contemplative and mature, identifying where he felt they may have been generous and areas where he considered himself stronger than the report's outcome. Overall they were both excellent results.

I've just finished work. Second night in a row past midnight after more than a full day in the office. My back/neck are struggling. I'm so exhausted and overwhelmed with work to the point that I intend to skip the first semi-final of the World Cup (Netherlands -v- Uruguay) in a few hours.