20 July 2010

Tue 20-Jul-10 (6 months)

I have so much to blog about, having last week off with the kids and all the fun we had. I'll get to that another time, when I'm more up to it.

On Sunday, Maria's "six month anniversary since going to be with the Lord" was remembered in a service held at the Greek Orthodox church, followed by the priest joining us at the Cemetery.

As it has just passed midnight (now the 20th), it is "officially" six months. How are we doing? The three of us are hanging in there and generally functioning reasonably well. We have our moments (me more than them), but we continue on as best we can as considering we've had a large part of our identity taken from us. I appreciate the legacy of Maria which is more precious than anything––it is the tangible that we three miss.

Although I feel distant from God at present and find it quite difficult to immerse myself in His word and love, ironically it is my faith in Him (and focus on the kids) which really keeps me going. How do you do it any other way?

After originally posting this just after midnight, I opened one of Maria's bibles and noted the following, which she had underlined. She continues to encourage me from afar, even when I am running on empty.

Psalm 62:5-8 (NLT)
Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken.
My victory and honor come from God alone.
He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me.
O my people, trust in him at all times.
Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge.