It was a strange night last night. While Maria and I were chatting on her bed we could hear Gabi groaning. This went on for a while (actually until I prayed over her). I woke a few times throughout the night, as did Ben, Gabi and Maria. Ironically, Maria was the one who had the best sleep. Gabi ended up in my bed around 5:00am and tossed and turned until I got up before 7:00am.

Gabi felt hot and refused breakfast. I was tempted to keep her home and arranged a doctor's appointment, but she decided she didn't want to miss music in the afternoon and felt better (medicine kicking in). After dropping the kids off at school I headed into the office to update my superiors on the situation as well as set up my out of office phone and email messages. Work has been so supportive throughout and today was no different. I was also offered practical support from colleagues, which was very generous and touching.
It was another hot day and Maria didn't feel like venturing out. After lunch she rested, which gave me the chance to do some shopping. As I was paying at the check-out, I received a call to let me know that Gabi was unwell and in the school's sick bay. I rushed home (based on the previous entry I should qualify this comment to say that I travelled within the speed limit), unpacked the cold items and headed off to get Gabi (and take Ben out early) as I was now racing the clock to get home and take Maria for RT.
Everything fell into place and we arrived on time. After the saga, Maria had to wait as there was some difficulty with another patient (I overheard she was panicking when having a mask placed over her for her treatment - like what Maria had in Israel). This gave Ben the opportunity to work on some large puzzles that others must do while waiting for their loved ones. Gabi watched TV while I worked on a puzzle book they have (this is my daily time-killing ritual). Maria showed the kids where she changes into her robe and called us up prior to her treatment so they could see the room (like what we did in Israel). I got to take a photo of them. Gabi did well to smile as she was going downhill by this stage.

Interestingly, the radiographer who had come in over the weekend (looking after Maria again today) told us that she was out having lunch with a friend and discovered that this person was a "common friend". It is such a small world! It turns out that she is a neighbour of our friends and attends church with them. It's always nice to have a "brother" or "sister" around as there is that common link.
The painting is nearly done and it is looking great! We can't wait until we can move everything from the dining room back into the kitchen. Unfortunately there is a lot of dust, etc. which needs to go first. Although the dining room has been a store room since our return, we are blessed to have that spare space.
Gabi will stay home tomorrow. I have arranged a doctor's appointment for her in the morning. Although it may only be the flu, we are having the kids checked out as we (and our doctor) don't want Maria at any risk of infection.
RT is at 4:00pm tomorrow, so the kids will join us again. Maria will also have a blood test, which she always does prior to her meeting with the Oncologist on Monday. It will be interesting to see what his views are regarding her next cycle of chemotherapy.