19 January 2011

1-19 January 2011

Please click this link to go to a slideshow of photos, a summary of which lies below.

On the evening before Ben's birthday I headed to Ef & Brian's (the kids went the day before). We had to have cake before bed.

On Ben's actual birthday I took everyone out for breakfast to a cute rustic Cafe we've frequented before. That afternoon we headed back to Canberra to celebrate what remained of Ben's birthday. My brother Mark and family had stayed overnight and it was a blessing to see them just as they were packing the car before departing for Sydney. The three of us spent the evening watching Prince Caspian.

The following morning I took Ben's mate and his sister (Gabi's friend) to the movies with us to see "Tangled", which I thought was a good movie and an improvement on some of the other 3D movies I've seen of late.

We headed to the Central Coast and spent a week with my parents. Ben got to celebrate his birthday for the 3rd time in as many days.

We had an opportunity during that week to catch up with dear friends and also took Dad out to celebrate his 81st birthday in advance as it happens to fall on the day that Maria went to be with the Lord.