I missed the minute's silence at work at 11:00am to commemorate Remembrance Day. For our non-Commonwealth friends, it is a memorial day observed to remember the sacrifices of members of the armed forces and civilians in times of war, specifically since the First World War This day was chosen to recall the official end of World War I on that date in 1918, as the major hostilities of World War I were formally ended "at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month" of 1918 with the German signing of the Armistice.
I called my brother in the evening and during this conversation I discovered that Luka had developed Coxsackie A Virus (Hand, Foot & Mouth disease) and was on the way to recovery. The timing suggested Gabi may have caught it from him. Sadly, little Ingrid may have also been infected.
Ben had this virus as an infant and was isolated in hospital and on a drip as his mouth was filled with blisters. Fortunately Gabi's case seems mild albeit her mouth blisters had increased, with some small spots on her hands. Her feet were otherwise fine.
I called my brother in the evening and during this conversation I discovered that Luka had developed Coxsackie A Virus (Hand, Foot & Mouth disease) and was on the way to recovery. The timing suggested Gabi may have caught it from him. Sadly, little Ingrid may have also been infected.
Ben had this virus as an infant and was isolated in hospital and on a drip as his mouth was filled with blisters. Fortunately Gabi's case seems mild albeit her mouth blisters had increased, with some small spots on her hands. Her feet were otherwise fine.