15 November 2010

Mon 15-Nov-10 (Movember - half way there)

There is something I haven't blogged about until now. This "Movember" I've decided to donate my face to raising awareness about men's health. My commitment is the growth of a moustache for the entire month of Movember, which I know will generate conversation, controversy and laughter (especially).

I am doing this because close to 3,300 men die of prostate cancer in Australia each year and one in eight men will experience depression in their lifetime.

I have never tried to grow a moustache before (and may never again), so I wasn't sure how it will turn out. My aim is to grow it, let the kids shave it off, then donate an amount of money myself for the privilege of doing it. A few have asked about supporting my efforts by making a donation. If you feel compelled, then why not join me by donating either by:
  • Clicking this link and donating online using your credit card or PayPal account; or
  • Writing a cheque payable to Movember Foundation, referencing my registration number 1251974 and mailing it to: Movember Foundation, PO Box 292, Prahran, VIC, 3181.
Through the Movember Foundation and its men’s health partners, PCFA and "beyondblue: the national depression initiative", Movember is funding world class research, educational and support programs which would otherwise not be possible.

For more details on the impact Movember is having please visit this link:

So, here is how things are looking at the half-way mark. I think Gabi is leading the race!