After writing in my last entry SIX MONTHS AGO that I'd be so much more disciplined with blogging, I'm afraid day-to-day life and events have taken its toll. I tend to avoid computers more now than ever before, particularly with the amount of time I spend on them with work (a necessary evil).
It's hard to believe that a year-and-a-half has passed since Maria went to be with the Lord. Many will wonder where the time went. For me and the kids, it has been such a long and slow journey without Maria in our lives.
We've all been pretty flat today. The kids didn't want to go the Cemetery this afternoon as they were struggling a bit and Gabi said that we didn't need to go somewhere where "mummy" isn't anymore to remember her as we already think of her every day of our lives. They have been always willing to go at other times, so I chose not to push it.
So much has happened since my last entry and I hope to write about it one day (no promises). Some stuff involves our family and well as other things, such as a miracle involving the health of a husband of a work colleague (that we were praying for). I don't have the energy to write about it now as stories of miraculous healing from what was written off as cancer involving a major amputation at best (and terminal at worst) leaves many mixed emotions for the three of us.
Briefly to cover current events, the kids are in the second week of their winter school holidays. I have for the first time enrolled them in a week's holiday circus program (no, they haven't run away - yet), where they learn to do a whole lot of circus-type activities. They are really enjoying it.
It has been the coldest winter here for 30 years, but no snow in the city. I just received my quarterly gas bill, which was by far the highest ever for us. Praise God that simultaneously I received a tax return and an unexpected government back-payment to cover it.