Both Ben and I woke, feeling a million dollars.
In the car on the way to school, we chatted about how slowly, yet quickly time has passed. I sat last night after working till late at home just scrolling through the last five years of photos and realised how important those memories were, but also how they mean nothing to Maria anymore. Strange thoughts that arise through grief.
The work day was a little heavy in that I had two of my staff experience serious family medical issues (one involving an emergency caesarian tomorrow morning for their first child, and the other with a terminally ill dad whose passing is imminent). I was at least able to support them with hugs and SMSs. I know that the hugs I received spoke a thousand words when words were not what was needed.
This evening we had Ben's AFL presentation. He was very excited to receive a trophy (as did the entire team) and we won a signed Western Bulldogs AFL jersey in the raffle (link for those foreign to AFL). Ben was chuffed. Another late night for the kids.